Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Social Media

It can eat you alive.

Ugh.

I am not going to leave FB but I will surely not respond a whole lot any more.

People that don't know you, never met you, can twist your words and beat on you like you are a piece of garbage.

Today I was told I was a bad parent.  That I don't know the sacrifices a soldier and his family make.  My brother left Ohio two days after 9/11.  My nephew went through one of the homes of Saddam Hussein looking for him.  He said everything was made of gold.  It was so scary to think of him being there.

Anyway.....

Being told that I am a bad parent really hurt since I'm playing Mom and Dad to Zachary, not to mention these older ones.

I already feel like I do things wrong, like I can't help enough.  That's my own guilt and I know I'm doing the best I can and I'm not stopping them from doing what they want.  They are free to go.

If they moved out, our rent would lower to where I could pay it because we live in an income subsidized place.

So, they can go if they want.  Nothing holding them here.  I think they want to stay, for a little while and it does comfort me. None of them can really afford to live in their own, so for now, it's working.

Anyway, I question my own parenting without people that have never met me or walked in my shoes judging me.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment