Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Update on my Mom and my classes...

Mom seems to be doing pretty good in the nursing home. My brother Mike called tonight and said he stopped by for a bit today. He is sick, so he didn't stay long, his family is having another round of the flu. I think it's the third strain they've had at their house this year. I myself have had two, so I feel bad for them. Anyway, I had mailed my Mom a card just to say hi. It was a simple Winnie the Pooh card. I had hoped she'd put two and two together and remember me. Mike said she got the card out four times to show him and she knew it was from me! :) He said she also knew who he was and who Dad was today. For the longest time she didn't remember Mike so he was happy she did know him today. We are thinking it is helping her to be away from Dad's care. I know he did his best, but she deserved so much more, she's my Mom. The are working with her with speech therapy and I think some sort of everyday skills. I truly hope to visit her sooner than later. 13 weeks and I'm done with school. :) I have had two small speeches I had to give. I got a 39 out of 40 on the first one and a 49 out of 50 on the second one. Our next one has to be a demonstration speech. I have no clue what to demonstrate! I don't know her guidelines for that yet as far as time and what she will allow us to bring in, hopefully she will tell us tomorrow. My sociology class seems to be going well. We have our first homework assignment, so far we've just taken notes these first few weeks. She needs the next week and a half off, so she gave us a paper to write. A two page, double spaced paper. I can do that. My online class (After School Child Care) is fairly easy, it doesn't appear she is giving us any tests. It's an 8 week class and we are in the fourth week. Waiting on Eddie tonight, hopefully he's done soon. If you're out there, thanks for stopping by.

1 comment: