Don't get me wrong, I love my hard working lawn guy. :) I love that he loves doing what he does. He even enjoys cutting our little piece of grass we have here.
So, when applying for this job, it asked for what he expected per hour. He put $15 per hour. He didn't know where to start. We know jobs are hard to find in Michigan and well he didn't want to push his luck by putting down $20 an hour. He has no degree. Just his certificates in spraying lawns, which he doesn't like doing. It was one of the reasons he wanted the manager's job at his old job.
So, anyway, I asked my sister if she thought that was ok. Her husband makes a lot of money, he's a chemical engineer. She said she thought that was a good wage to ask for. She agrees about the job situation and she lives down south.
I mentioned it to my friend how much an hour he asked for and she thought he should have asked for $20 an hour. She's a therapist and her husband is an engineer of some kind. I've forgotten now. He doesn't make as much as my brother in law, but still a good amount working for the car companies. I say companies because he's bounced around job to job since she met him six years or so years ago.
Honestly, we were shocked when his old job raised his pay as high they did. And while we had to make really hard tight adjustments, we somehow made it through. Gosh I miss cable. ;)
Anyway, I do hope they don't walk all over him. He's a good guy. Even if he just gets in there and keeps looking, that would work too. We just need some sort of money coming in. And soon.
Anyway, just had to vent it somewhere. It was his idea how much to put for wages, I wasn't going to tell him to put more down. What if he had no job offer for that?
It's so hard to make decisions and then others try to make them for you. If they feel he's worth the money, perhaps they will offer him a bit more. We shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment