Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Guilt (a little), tired (not too bad), Hope (oh so hopeful)...

The Guilt - Eddie and Amanda have been buying just about all the gas and groceries the past two weeks.  Eddie has gotten his biggest checks ever and he spends them on the family.  Amanda usually puts the gas in and buys the extras we run out of or happen to need when we are shopping together. 

I don't feel too bad because we have done and still do a lot for them.  I do see this as temporary, but I don't like it. So that's why I feel guilty. 

Now Eddie is planning on what he will buy for Thanksgiving dinner and he may have to work on Thanksgiving day.  Oh well, if I find a job, who knows, I might be too. 

I found out last week that after this semester I only have three classes left I need to get my degree.  It's only a two year degree but it will be mine.  I will be so proud of it.  :) I'm even thinking I will be able to use it because there's a sub service for paraprofessionals that I can sign up with.  I shall see about that when the time draws closer to actually being able to use the degree.   

I have applied at three of our Meijer stores ( I worked there about 14 years ago for three years) and two Walmart stores.  A few other smaller local things too.  It's hard because not everywhere is willing to work around my school hours.  I don't have a lot, but they have room to be picky if no one needs any special days.

tired. I'm just tired. It could be because my vitamin D is low.  I'm on a dose of it once a week and my sister bought me some calcium with vitamin D to take too.  It's been about a month since I've been on the prescription but I read it can take up to a year to get your levels back up.  I'm not exactly sure how low mine were.  So, I shall keep taking the vitamin D and see what happens. 

Hope (oh so hopeful)...So, the guys from Canada Ken plowed snow for last year are wanting him to do it again.  They took Ken yesterday (he was off from his crappy job, they have him down to 30 to 35 hours a week, ugh) and had him help figure out some estimates for the local properties.  If they get these properties, they get the whole contract, plowing, cutting grass, spring/fall clean ups.  Ken would be in charge of some of the properties if they get them.  They have bought so much equipment over the summer to be used for plowing.  Ken is so excited, I hope this works out.

They treat him so bad at this job he is at this summer.  One night, he forgot to leave his two way radio and the truck keys at the shop.  He realized he still had them when he was almost home and the place is a half hour away.  The guy wanted him to bring them back that day.  A broken two way radio (it's screen is cracked and does not function) and keys to trucks that are locked inside a yard.  Ken has keys from last winter that belong to the company from Canada.  They told him to hang on to them all summer.  Trust and respect, they do not give that where he works. 

So, I'm so hopeful those bids are accepted when they put them in.  *sigh*

I feel like we are about to turn a corner here, we just have to get to it and it's a huge turn, I can see it coming though...........

No comments:

Post a Comment