Saturday, June 02, 2012

A bit of relief....

Well, soon after my last post, the homework didn't just let up, it stopped altogether.  It is so odd. 

I am not happy that the assignment he stayed up until 11:00 pm doing, then had to get up early the next morning to finish has not been graded and sent home yet.  Zachary worked so hard on that, I'm hoping it didn't get trashed.  It was one of the few things I would have saved from this year as he worked so hard on it and it turned out so nice. 

Zachary said one of his friend's Dad called and complained there was too much homework.  I am doubting he was the only one.  I stayed out of it, like I said I would.  I have given up and I'm just going along with whatever to finish this year.  We are down to 4 1/2 days.  Monday, I have no clue what they are doing.  Tuesday is a fun day at a small amusement type place for the 5th graders.  Wednesday is a day they are spending tie dying pillow cases.  Thursday is their rescheduled field day because it was rained out last week and Friday is a half day.  I think on Wednesday they will get their yearbooks too and part of the day will be spent outside getting friends to sign them. 

And then this whole year will be over and we will start getting ready for middle school.  Yikes. 

Amanda is applying for a job in the district she student taught at.  She's been subbing in that building quite a bit this year.  She also has a very nice letter of recommendation from a teacher in that district that she had subbed for.  It's a huge long shot, but fingers crossed!!  This is the best shot she's ever had at a teaching job.  If they don't even call for an interview, I think she should head south with her search. 

I've got my fall classes picked out, just waiting for the day I can sign in and take what I need to take.  There's one class that is only offered in the fall and I've got to get in it if I want to graduate by next spring.  I hope to, but I won't give up quite yet if I don't.  ;)  I've come too far to give up, that's for sure. 

Started back at the pool.  The weather has kept it close the past three days.  I lost $100 with that, darn it!  The bank screwed us over with our car loan, ugh!  We feel like we will never catch up.  Yeah, some day, right?

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment