Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Mommy and a glimmer...I hope!

First off, my Mommy is home now.  It hasn't been long enough to figure out if the pacemaker will give her more energy, or make her more alert yet.  It could if she was feeling exhausted all the time.  We will know with time.

My Mom has been taking aricept for a few years now.  When she first started taking it, it helped her a lot.  It upsets her stomach when not taken at just the right time and also causes diarrhea.  The doctor also doesn't feel it is helping Mom and anymore so it is not worth the side effects.  The doctor told my Dad this three weeks ago and he's continuing to give it to her.  My sister had emailed the doctor asking if Mom had to be on it because of the harsh side effects.  That's when the doctor found out Dad was still giving it to her and when J found out he wasn't supposed to anymore.  Oh dear.  She had two bad episodes in the hospital because of the aricept.  Well, that is what we think is causing her upset stomach and diarrhea.  J also talked to the day care Mom goes to and they said Mom needs too much one on one help to continue going there much longer.  :(  So, I'm not sure what happens from here. My name is on nothing and I'm merely a spring board for my sister to bounce ideas off of.  I'm not complaining, I have the kids, school and Ken to worry about.  I do worry about my parents, but I do not know the Mg's in Mom's medicines like J does.  Please don't get me wrong, I love my Mom with all my heart.

The glimmer is about that winter job for Ken.  Fingers crossed they get back to him sooner than later.  They emailed today saying they tried to call him yesterday. Ken's phone did not ring yesterday, no once.  We emailed back saying maybe the phone number had been given wrong and here the is the correct one......Sorry for the confusion, he still wants the job very much as it is work he enjoys........and they emailed back saying they'd get back with him in the next day or two so keep good thoughts for us!!

Today I am so tired.  Tired of waiting.  For a job.  For something to do! For snow, oh I'd love some snow!!

Ok, that's enough from me for now.  Take care.



No comments:

Post a Comment