Thursday, December 23, 2010

I give up...

Back to this blog. ;)

So, I hadn't posted on the old one since September I think! I have learned so much about me, I can't begin to tell you! If anyone is out there that is. ;)

I got all A's my first semester back in school. Three A's and one A- which my big kids insist should be a regular A, so that irks me a bit, but I'm still thrilled and shocked.

The only bad thing is, money woes are getting me down. One thing after another this year! Parties, wedding, the car, the car, the car, the car! :( We just can't get even! I feel guilty not working, but with driving H and going to school, I have no time to work. Don't tell me not to drive my daughter to school, because if I can, I'm going to. She was taking the bus until it got too icy to ride the bike. Anyway, next year should be better because I will apply for aid sooner and I should get offered work study somewhere on the campus. We just have to get through this winter.

I am not asking for any money, please don't think that. I just needed to vent somewhere that is all. Next month we should get a bit of a refund with income tax and that will help us a little and hopefully stretch us out until spring.

Today we were able to go out and get each of the big kids a couple of small gifts. The money should have gone toward bills, but getting up Christmas morning with nothing to get them was truly hurting my heart. We have a nice turkey for dinner on Christmas and it should be a very nice day as a family.

This is probably my Mom's last Christmas where she will know us all. Our last trip home she had forgot I was married and she didn't know Zachary at all. My sister wanted us to go up for Christmas, but we couldn't even afford going up for Thanksgiving and we did that because the rest of the family was up there for it. I feel bad, really bad, but even if we had the money, Ken has to stick around here in case of snow. He's still the only one that knows how to plow it from his branch and he makes the choice if the branch is going to plow or not and he wants to do it. I wanted to spend Christmas with him, so aside from the money factor, I want to be with him this Christmas.

Speaking of Ken, 24 years married this month. :)

Zachary...

We went to the hospitial Autism clinic last month. We go on January 14th to hear their evaluation of what they thought. It was kind of funny the answers he gave. He was honest, which is helpful in diagnosis. I know if he is autistic he is high functioning. I really only want it in his school records so they know why he does the things he does and don't wonder why instead. He's a great son and I want him to be the best he can be. His teacher loves him, but the crying when he's stressed or overwhelmed is confusing to her. Zachary is also supposed to go see a psychiatrist on the 11th for an evaluation there. They sent us a questionaire. Some of the questions on there make me laugh. They are looking for a reason that you are seeking their help, but I had to check no to everything except the loss of a pet. Zachary has acted the way he does since birth, so losing Charlie 2 1/2 years ago can't be causing his issues now. But we will go and see what she thinks too.

Well, this has turned into a book now. Oh, switching gears at school...the early childhood classes are only late afternoon and evening. I just can't do that anymore. It's exhausting! So, now I'm going to try for the parapro program. I originally wanted to do that more but the speech class scared me half to death. It still does, but I will wait and take it very last and hope my nerves have gotten better by then. If they haven't, maybe I will talk to my doctor about anxiety medicine for me. ;)

That's it, I think. If anyone reads this, thank you.

Take care. Merry Christmas. :)

1 comment:

  1. Julie Bo8:09 AM EST

    Merry Christmas Julie. I'm so happy you're doing so well at school -- though I never doubted you'd be Acing your classes for a second. :)

    ReplyDelete