Sometimes it’s hard to see the fun in life. When I started working at the pool about ten years ago, I met a family. They were a pool loving family. They came often, nearly daily. Sometimes it was because their water was shut off and they needed a shower but they did love to swim. The Mom was friendly and kind and I liked her. Even though the office didn’t appreciate her, she stood up for me when things went a bit trailer park crazy for me.
Yesterday, the Mom died. Pancreatic cancer. :( I believe she was 49, she still has teenagers. Her older son had four babies with his girlfriend plus a step grandchild she had from a former relationship, I’m glad she had those babies to love and help care for. ❤️
The world is just a hint more sad today. π My heart is just sad. π’ I wish I could sit on the edge of the pool and talk to her for hours, like we used to. About kids, school, our pasts and what we hoped to do in the future.
We’d recently reconnected on Facebook but the cancer moved fast and took her faster than anyone can imagine.
π
No comments:
Post a Comment