Saturday, April 22, 2017

Reality sucks :(

The cat we had for 19 years was a crabby, unfriendly, unkind animal. We kept her because we knew anyone else would just put her down because what she really was, was a feral cat. I hope I spelled that correctly.

Now, we get a dog that isn't comfortable in his own skin.  We know we can't keep him any longer. He's so sensitive, he's miserable. We have tried so hard. H has put her life on hold for almost a year to try and let him mature and grow. We've tried meds, fixing him, more meds, and we talked to behaviorists. One said she could fix him, the other asked about his triggers. The triggers are what make us know, we are done. We don't think he was meant for this earth.

It's going to be the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. :( I can't stand living in fear any longer.

My H's heart is crying.  I feel awful. I wish I hadn't let it go on this long. Now to get E on the same page because he thinks it's just anxiety.

And it is...

But his reaction, the aggressive biting, for no real reason, has got to stop.

About two weeks ago, he was out of his kennel, walking around the living room. I bent over and pet him, very gently and lovingly, he looked up at me, barred his teeth and tore after me. He ripped my brand new jeans, I tried protecting myself by putting my foot up and he tore after my foot three times until I grabbed a kitchen chair and put it between us. All while this is happening, H, Z and I were yelling at him to stop.

He just gets this glazed eyes look and he can't stop.

He so cute. He's so vicious. We are so sad. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment